Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Another night trip in the Mosquito Lagoon Tandem in the Big Tuna


While wondering when my next outing would be I received a call from Austin and Paul asking if I would like to do some night fishing with them in Titusville.  I had two of my friends Brendan and Mike recently ask me if they could check out the sport of kayak fishing so I decided tonight was as good a night as any other.  I ended up riding tandem with my buddy Mike and my other friend Brendan paddled a borrowed a Tarpon 160.  Little did I know my valentines day would come early... haha

It was a cold cold night when we decided to start our late night adventure.  We saw a few kayak anglers we knew on the water and broke off and met back up with them several times through the night.  For the most part everyone was skunked except on tiny trout.  We used an array of live and dead bait (no artificial bait) and finally my buddy Brendan hooked up to something.  This was his first hook up ever in a kayak so he at first exclaimed  "I think Im hooked up to that flats boat!!" but then he realized he was hooked up to a bull red.  After about a 20 minute battle he landed his 32" redfish.

Soon after the wind picked up and it felt like the temperature dropped about 30 degrees.  After freezing the whole way back to the put in paddling as fast as we could we were strapping the boats to our trucks and looking for who was open at 2am for a late dinner.  Check out the pictures below,

Brendan with his first Bull Red and also FIRST fish caught as a Kayak
Fisherman.  Hopefully everything from here on out is bigger! haha

Picture taken of Me and Mike in the Jackson Big Tuna from a Malibu
Stealth 14 captained by Austin.  Paul decided riding tandem is such a
magical moment it calls for a box of valentines day candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment