Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Fishing report Banana River Florida


who: Went out Sunday the 16th of December with a few fellow kayak fisherman from the SCKA kayak club.  Spent most of the day fishing with fellow anglers Wade and Michael but Paul and another guy later joined us on the return paddle.

conditions: The conditions when I checked online before were set to be 5-10mph from the south.  Once I hit the water it ended up being completely still until a little after noon a wind came from the south at around 5mph.  Throughout the day we took a very light almost misty rain about 3 separate times but none lasted for over 15 minutes.

lures/bait: For a while fellow kayak anglers have been talking about slayer soft plastics so I decided to give them a try.  Alan, Pepi and Redfish Chuck turned me onto the bait and while I was at Kayaks by Bo Chuck suggested a few to me to try.  On the 3/0 hook w/ 1/16 weighted hook I rigged the SSB molting and that is what I used most of the day.  I also did a few cast with the "chicken off the chain" colored SST.  All the fish I caught were on the SSB "molting" color though today.

SSB Slayer Lure Inc molting color

what happened: So Im still fairly new to kayak fishing however I ended up having one of my better days on the water today.  Hopefully partly due to how much Ive been learning lately but also maybe partly due to my new Slayer Lures.  You have your story I have mine.  I ended up catching my first snook, though he was pretty small and my other notable catches were two trout over 20", 21" and 22".  All in all Id say I had a pretty good day in my Jackson Big Tuna.

My first snook

My second 20"+ trout of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment